Reflection 1

GPM Assignment

Week Schedule

Semester Schedule

What did you learn about yourself as you worked on this piece?

I have learned a lot about my life by doing this assignment. Just being able to visualize my schedule on the calendar has made more organized and task-driven to get things accomplished.  If I continue to do this I will reach my preferred future in no time.

One thing I would like to improve upon is … is to rank my tasks based on the priority that way ill be able to get the most important thing done first and least important afterward.

What’s one goal you would like to set for yourself for next time?

The next goal I want to set for myself is to get a better understand of the bank loans and lines of credit. This is because for my preferred future I want to run my own business and the most important thing to start a business is money.

Reflection 2

I explored these opportunities because this is the type of opportunity that I like to go for. For instance, as I worked in the construction industry, I gained a lot of experience in the field and learned how to apply my accounting knowledge to this specific industry. This opportunity has help me flourish my accounting skills in the workplace as I am doing good work for a great company and helping them improved their day to day business activates. Some gaps in this opportunity is that the work I am doing is not fully accepted by CPA as fully qualified work experience and only some of the work I am doing is consider relevant experience for my CPA. Another opportunity I explored was learning to investment money in the stock market to build a financial portfolio for myself. As I did this, I gained a lot of information regarding the banking industry. I even got to apply my skills that I learned in school regarding finance in the financial markets. This opportunity helped me flourish in a way that now when I talk about finance with clients and people, my understanding of the market and financial sector is greater and now can speak with more details about the subject. In the future this will benefit my relationship with prospective clients because my greater understanding of the financial market.

Another opportunity that I have learned a lot for is from the professor at KPU. Learning from real life accounting professional that teach at KPU have provided me with great guidance and opportunity regarding accounting.  Because the average professor at KPU is also many other things, for instance one of my professor is a CEO of a bank, has a CPA and is a professor. Talking to him and learning from his experience has an accountant and a professor has given me boarder understand for what it means to be accountant and what kind of opportunities will arise from this career choice.

One of my classmates named Amanda is also going down the path of becoming a CPA, and her mind map is different from mine in several ways but share a preferred future of becoming a CPA. Her experience and mine different because she’s had more internship opportunities compare to mine. I on the other hand obtain experience in a different way by learning how business work than by doing the accounting. As compared to her experience where she as gained experience through her internship programs. Another one of my classmates named Arshdeep is also on the same path as me of becoming a CPA. And we share a similar path on how we hope on achieving relevant job experience for becoming a CPA.  That is by working for big to medium size accounting firms to gain the relevant job experience that CPA requires from their students.

Since the start of this class to now, I have become more closer to my preferred future of running my own firm and becoming an CPA. The next steps I plan on taking to get to my preferred future is to find an office space to start up my own firm. As I will done school this month, I want to advance my career and build relationships with clients to better serve them as an accountant. I will be starting my CPA in October and then will be even closer in becoming a CPA. In the meantime, I plan on focusing my efforts on working with small business to help increase their revenue and to do their books and taxes. As of now finishing up school, I have all the tools I need to provide those services to my future clients. And only in time will I become a CPA.